My days at Honeywell Madurai

Now a day I really love to blog. The reason might be simple, I am highly jobless. I've decided to part myself from Honeywell and now spending time updating myself and sharing my knowledge to my team.

From the various opportunities I've pursued and continuing to do so, I find more and more focus towards UML / OOAD / Design Patterns / Process and other non language related stuffs. This was a real surprise for me as I was more concentrated towards .Net and C#. But really lucky I am that I've started my career with Honeywell. The people around, the environment and even my project stress towards these non language aspects. Now I've really started realizing that I actually knew all these things but educated in an informal way. While updating myself I realize that I lack only in terms of "naming" a certain concept rather than knowing what it is.

It was really fun during my training period at Honeywell. Even me joining here was so much surprise. Out of college I was lethargic and absolutely low in confidence. Later I made up my mind to do post graduation so to spend the year perparing. My friends anyways wanted me to search for a job for some day’s at least. I went to Bangalore / Chennai as most of the graduates (who are not campus placed) do from this part of the world. Searching for job itself was a real fun. We used to roam company by company / search paper by paper and apply. Mission accomplished and it’s chatting / roaming and whiling off time. Days passed and no body seems to call us. One of my friends working at Honeywell Madurai helped me post my resume. The recruitment were exactly for candidates like me (out of college and still Jobless ;)). Me and my dearest of friends did the written fairly. Except programming and English I had no confidence in clearing the Exams.

It was the GD round and was a perfect ground for me to fight ;). As usually, out of college everybody you meet and every book you read had rules on what to do in a GD, interview etc... In fact there were lot of them and that I was confused. Thinking too much was one which I don’t like. So I took on my own style and fared in all. Luckily the only thing I did in college good was learn to program, other than that all the course seemed Greek and Latin. The interviewers where more interested in this skills.

Training period here at Honeywell was the best one could get for an accelerating career ahead. Newer people around but it were still as my college days. Movies / Chatting / Dinning and spending time together. We were more bonded just cos of the pressure we had. No one to depend on other than ourselves. A slight mistake from our side will really help us loose our traineeship in most case and hence the job ahead. Day and night we had to work ourselves the way out of our ignorances. I couldn't imagine a greater me without this training. Days passed and now we have ourselves placed at different locations and different companies (some moved on earlier :)). I wish and believe we are still in contact at least a few of us closer and do so for years to come.

We are done with our trainings and working in project was an amazing experience. We used to do all these small work during our training just not realizing its significance. Me put up in a real big project was flabbergasted to see the purest and mightiest usage of what I’ve just learned. This really fueled my learning experience. My only idea was to learn and learn not knowing what to do with it. Working for years (3 exactly) in this project now I am confused. I am confused either I’ve learned too much or the work itself is not as great. I am confused if I am pursuing my interest or I don’t have one. I am confused if I am working enough or is this more. I am confused if am using myself.

Satisfied with what we get is peace, but exploring is thrill. This is my age and if I don’t explore now, there is nothing left later on.

As I’ve understood, attaining "Nirvana" is, having attained the purest knowledge of everything, and seems Buddha had said the best way to remove ignorance is exploration…
Moving on...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well i thought of really writing a scrap comment and then i changed and thought let me "THROW SOME ENLIGHTMENT" about this "GUY" to others.

Well as my experience goes the day one i landed in madurai for my trainee ship i was shocked. The simple reason being everyone around me seemed to be geeks and gold medalists.
To add smoothening effect to that i got to meet "MR. MONISH MOHAN" who seemed much like me "NOT GREAT IN ACADEMICS" sorry need to rephrase that "NOT GREAT IN ACADEMICS SCORING" but good in concepts.
Till this day we share a good rapo in "EVERYTHING" .....:))))

waiting to get this dude very fast in bangalore for a bang...
all the best dude....

“If one wants to get what no one has ever got before, one needs to do what no one has ever done before.” So keep moving and keep trying...
Dinesh said…
This guy who used to tell me, "I act slower to keep up with my thoughts", I feel has been acting very slow for what he has learnt.
Anonymous said…
Hey he my brother So Always Positive Comments Only....

i Dont Waste my Time in reading
Ananth K said…
Monish,

Today only browsed your blog.

Really good.

All the best.

Thanks
Ananth K
Delvatheus said…
hi
I am solomon john
I am searching for a job in embedded systems..i saw dis job ad for honeywell but i can apply only thru a honeywell employee... can u help me with dis...
the ad:
http://www.jobsrain.com/jobs/index.php?topic=3006

my email id : solomon[dot]john[at]gmail[dot]com
Madurai citizen said…
Really good.

All the best.
sathish said…
Hey Senior...


Am sathish, ur junior (CSE 2002-06). Nice posts

Keep goin..
Isai selvan said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
hello sir,
nice blog i'm need of ur help sir ,i'm a fresher and i'm seeking a job in .net,if any opening is there at honeywell pls try to intimate me sir.
thanks in advance......
name:Priyadarsani S.R
email id:srpriyadarsnai@gmail.com
Unknown said…
sir

please help me to get in honeywell i m fresher seachin for job.i m instrumentation fresher with 72 % from uptu please help me
reply me on grv_jhunjhunwala@yahoo.com
vanitha said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
vanitha said…
Dear Sir,
This is Vanitha i like to work in Honeywell.. Can u help me? how to apply?
Reply thro' this email id
babyvanitha7@gmail.com
mona said…
Dear sir,
i like to work in Honeywell. please help me as how to send my resume.
Thabk you sir
mona.apr@gmail.com
safrin said…
hi sir,
am doin final year Ece.i got 8.67(cgpa)upto 6th sem.i would like to work in honeywell madurai.can u plz help me? how to apply?
my email id:safrinsareefa@gmail.com
mynu said…
can u pls inform me the duration of training in honeywell madurai,

and they provide accomodation during training or not pls sir inform me
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Towards the edge of Tamil Nadu

Rules Of The Road, Indian Style